Monday, April 25, 2011

सिलेंस एंड थेन नोइस

I've been gathering lots of pearls of wisdom lately.
Just last night,I came upon the sudden realisation that I can write!No,really.Up until then I had been finding various excuses to stop myself from believing that for some screwed up reason.
Pearl of wisdom #2 would be.. I might be able to write but that does not mean that I will be read.Because,the relationship between writing something and having it read is one of rather minute complexities.
Pearl of wisdom #3 is- I do not write about blooming buttercups and radiant daisies.Much of what I write is in dire need of sunshine injections.Writing,being my foremost form of self-expression,I do not want to separate myself from all that I write.Much of the fiction I churn out is inspired from my life and that of others around me too.
Pearl of wisdom #4- And while I may continue with this blatant self-obsession,others will find buttercups and sunshine to read about in other writers' works.Because clearly the world is in no immediate need of more gloom and people do not want to read what will make them feel even worse about themselves than they already do.
And later when it comes down to it,neither will they pay you to make them feel critical about themselves.


So .. how much are you willing to sell yourself for?

Calls for more thought for food.Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment