Thursday, April 21, 2011

Black

I think I'll start with the blogging challenges since I have increasingly little left to say.I don't really know why but I feel like shutting up.Like this-
Or rather,I feel like this.Like I have said too much,wasted too many words on nothing.They say when you confess,it takes the burden of the secrets off your shoulder.As a kid I was always tempted by the concept of confession in a church.An anonymous confession to a person behind dark veils.And though I wasn't Christian,I always wanted to experience that.I have no religion.But I've been inspired by a lot many religious practices across cultures.Like that of namaz or that of the monks,the Sufi's.
So that is that,and I'll probably be taking a break from the whine routine.
I watched "Life in a metro" last night.And loved how well they integrated the songs into the situations,it was perfect.Remember how I was supposed to do a post on morality on your sister blog?Never got around to it.Well the movie dealt with a lot of that.Of how people perceive morals and etiquettes.And well atleast in big cities,I think they are considered unnecessary by most.Maybe I am starting to sound like some crazy anarchist.Not that I am not,but then again,I am not really either.Who defined these morals?People themselves.Why?Because they were afraid of what they themselves were capable of,were they to realise their true potential.Why again?Because that is human nature,it is cowardly.And that too,these morals were invented centuries back.They reek of ancience.How can they be applied to a society that has been radically changed,transformed into something that holds little or no resemblance to what it used to be when these rules and regulations were thought up.I fail to understand.I do not want the world to plunge into any higher chaos,but it looks like that the world we reside in now is already deep into a chaos that is of our own devise.If we do not need these rules,why can't we discard them altogether?Why do we have to hold on to them with all our life in discontentment?Because that is how our forefathers envisioned the future?Well then,for that matter,I do not think they envisioned anything like an I-Pad or the kind of mass hysteria that its launch incited.Really,what is the need?Its like we keep inventing things we do not require to distract ourselves from the creeping realisation in the back of our minds that we are all doomed.Are we really going forward or are we just regressing in the facade of progression?
Wow.
The book really had its effect.I finished it.Finally.Now I'm going to read a novel by Woody Allen that I picked up during the KBF.Yes,you read that right.A book by Woody Allen.
At the end of the novel,Sartre says through the character he uses to illustrate his thoughts,that he wants to do something that will justify his existence.. a book,perhaps that will make people realise the misery of their existence.Well,old boy,you succeeded and how!
I believe you are what you read.And lets just say that if you read Sartre much,you are literally walking dead.
Have a Good Friday. :)
Song for Post:
Sum 41 There s No Solution
This MP3 was found at Dilandau MP3

No comments:

Post a Comment