Friday, May 20, 2011

=]

Things have been going really fast and really good.The cynic wonders what the catch is.The downside is I haven't been studying.Whatev.I still have some time.
So,well.Something weird happened.I wrote this story on a spur.I was looking to get published.Heard of Kindle?Here check it out- http://www.kindlemag.in
They had a contest on.So I took a chance with it.And I mailed them the story.
This magazine,well,lets just say their content is pretty high-standard.Critical Reflective Journalism,they insist.
And they approved my story,so I think I am getting published!Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.Their June issue is going to have my story in it.This is definitely what I needed.Remember how I was going on about low self-esteem?Well,I guess I can count the writing part out of that now.
This was my first attempt at getting published and only my fourth ever short story.I feel lucky.And very happy.
So here's hoping that the lucky streak continues for a while.This gave me enough of a confidence boost to write my first Indivine prose post which is also my first ever contest post on IndiBlogger.Look down then.
And happy living,says the optimist.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats!! The mag looks pretty cool! Is it only online? Or is it available on the stands too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is originally a print mag :D so yes.available on the stands!Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you changed your blog?
    the mag looks awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda.That was too dark.The darkness is over =)
    and tui toh kolkatae thakish!why haven't you heard of Kindle?! o.O Check it out.City-based.Really good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew!
    and i've been out and about a bit. sometimes i get lost in the city :)
    so did it get published and all? leave me a link, please?
    will check it up after my exams...

    ReplyDelete
  6. link ->>http://www.kindlemag.in/mag.php
    it did :) tell me what you thought of it,if you do get about to reading it.

    ReplyDelete