Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Lovenote to Marilyn Manson

I was 12. I heard "Mobscene".
I'd stood on my toes and hoisted myself up to reach the top shelf of that Planet M store.
It is no more.
I was disturbed to think I'd picked a reject copy of the cassette.
That'd happen sometimes.
But all the other songs played well.
I heard Oasis for the first time. Pity the first song wasn't Wonderwall.
**


I was 14.
Racing in my friend's car down the highway. On the passenger seat.
Left, behind.
The windows were rolled down.
Back then, I did not care how my hair looked. Any at all.
Now, I do, 40% of the time.
"Evidence"
A friend had put it on her playlist.
Later I'd come to befriend that friend.
But before that I'd come home to download it into my ears.
**


Sometime post 15. "If I Was Your Vampire".
Then the whole of "Eat Me Drink Me". Then Wiki him. What a sweet name
I already knew who Charles Manson was. Or Charles Sobhraj. Or Ted Bundy, for that matter.
Nat Geo Serial Killer Docu's were thrilling, and highly educative. Maybe the wrong sort.
Education, it was, nonetheless.
**


Now, I'd rather have history lessons by him. =]
His new album released on the first of this month. And everything has now been transferred to the phone and replayed more than 3 times. In that jungle of songs.


Enjoy -


2 comments:

  1. Intriguing as it was to watch bowling for columbine, I never somehow listened to Manson.. Although now that I did.. Not bad.. Not bad at all! :D

    ReplyDelete