Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finally

Three things happened.
To make me very happy.




- SWK. Slutwalk Kolkata.
Screamed ourselves hoarse. Made new friends. And felt like a family.
I'd keep reading about this feeling of emancipation and exhilaration an activist experiences.
Believe me, you, reading is all good and everything. But some things cannot be duplicated.



- KKR won.
Its not so much a big deal to me that I support the CM's move to spend oh-so-much more on an IPL Tournament win celebration. But its big deal enough that I spent all evening before aforesaid disastrous Boards Pol. Sc exam watching them lose. Cried myself hoarse again. Loyalty is a touchy issue with me. Grudges. Vengeance. All of that.



- 90.75%
I still am shellshocked. Everytime anybody discusses my score or even if its my own fingers doing the typing into college application forms I feel very much like the individual in Camus's "The Outsider". All morning I'd been praying for it to be anything but in the 70s. Even 85 seemed distant after I was done with the rigmarole. I went to the theatres to watch multiple movies whilst they were on!
Pol Sc. did me in, obviously. If there's anything I know, I know my worth. 72 -_-




I am going to dream big now. My kind of big. And state that I'm hoping my next destination is JUDE.
But defeating 4000+ Booker Prize Nomination reading, Soderbergh watching students should not be taken lightly. At any cost. I tell myself. Or try to.
Think I might just have enough time to read up translations of Homer.


I'd like some luck.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment